Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions
The process of globalisation requires companies to continuously expand, both in the area of new products and services, as well as geographically. In the past, our attorneys have already represented some of the largest Slovene and foreign companies in their business cooperation and various transactions.
In the process of mergers and acquisitions (“transactions”), we offer comprehensive counselling and implementation of procedures, which mainly encompass the phases of formation of invitations to statements of interest (“teaser”) or non-binding bids, negotiations, legal due diligence reviews of target companies (“due diligence”) and the drafting of binding bids, obtaining approvals of state authorities or agencies as well as preparation and structuring of the transaction and conclusion of agreements, so as to provide the participants of the transaction with a maximum level of security when executing a transaction.
We advise managements, directors, boards of directors and supervisory boards with regard to the performance of their tasks and responsibilities, as well as with regard to their responsibility for the operation of the company.
We are very familiar with good corporate governance systems and various codes of conduct, all of which we use when advising a client.
- Establishment of all types of companies and branches,
- Legal due diligence reviews of companies and other types of legal entities (public institutes, public agencies, chambers),
- Status changes of companies, reorganisation,
- Drafting of internal rules and regulations,
- Increase and decrease of share capital,
- Changes in ownership (sale of business shares, stocks),
- Counselling in the field of associated companies,
- Counselling in daily operations of the company,
- Counselling and representation in disputes between shareholders,
- Counselling and drafting of rules for the protection of business secrets,
- Liquidation of companies.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Counselling in procedures of sale and purchase of companies
- Legal due diligence reviews of companies
- Preparing companies for sale
- Participation in negotiations and drafting of transaction documents
- Joint venture agreements
- Conducting procedures in accordance with the legislation on acquisitions
- Obtaining approvals of regulatory authorities